From: Archives & Archivists [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jeanne Gaunce
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 1:16 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Evacuation Plans

All

I have been working on an Evacuation Plan with other members of our Library faculty and staff.  Right now I’m writing a section on leaving the building without personal belongings.  It has become a touchy subject between those on the committee.  The consensus is that if you are sitting at your desk, you may grab your purse/backpack.  This gives rise to arguments of “I’m only x steps away from my desk, let be get my stuff. . . “

I think the language we use must be clear, if not stern.  Bottom line is I’m looking for examples of language to use in this section of our Evacuation Plan.  Does anyone have suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Jeanne Gaunce, MLIS, CA

University Archivist/Reference Librarian

Cameron University

Lawton, OK 73505-6377

580-581-5565