Good morning,

I have received several inquiries about this year's Virginia Archives
Week Poster theme Bridging Past and Present:  Virginia's Archives and
Special Collections regarding image submissions and thought it would be
best to elaborate.

Archival collections consist of items from the 17th century and the 21st
century; they span the centuries of American history.  For image
submissions, please think old vs. new, past vs. present.  What are some
of the oldest items in your repository?  What records from the 20th
century or 21st century do you house?  We would like to create a poster
that juxtaposes the variety and age of records we hold.

Sooo, play around with it.  Get creative!  I understand this is a little
difficult to interpret, but we look forward to your submissions.  A
gentle reminder, please do not email your submission(s) to me directly.
You may send to [log in to unmask]

If you have any questions, please let me know.  A big thank you to those
of you who have already submitted images!

Thanks!

Derek

Derek Gray
Research Archivist