Talking about staff morale, while still going to school I worked at an
institution where they would celebrate employees' birthdays on the week they
fell on. The person with the previous birthday would always make/buy a cake,
a card was criculated for all of us to sign, and we all gathered in the
break room at a designated time to sing happy birthday and cut the cake.
When my birthday was next in line I made a comment to one of my coworkers
about looking forward to cake and she replied "Oh, well, we only do this for
full-time staff members. Students are part time, you never know what their
schedule is going to be like, and they are always busy, so that's why we
don't bother". Nice, huh?

Adriana