Molly,

If you're using Windows, here's a link to a lot of products that will do
this:
<http://downloads.zdnet.com/Windows/Browsers+-+Windows/Offline+Browsers+-+Browsers+-+Windows/>.
I've found Teleport Pro <http://www.tenmax.com/teleport/pro/home.htm> to be
easy to use and it's inexpensive.

If you want something that's more attuned to archival needs but is more
complicated to implement, Heritrix
<http://archive-crawler.sourceforge.net/> is what the Internet Archives and
some other big operations use.

Skip

At 11:22 AM 7/25/2006, Molly Alexander wrote:

>I am posting this for my supervisor who is not on the listserv.  You can
>respond to the listserv or you can e-mail me directly at
><mailto:[log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask] and I will pass it along.
>
>Molly Alexander
>
>Archivist
>
>Association of American Medical Colleges
>

>Does anyone know of a product which will allow us to capture websites of 3
>levels down or less for the purpose of documenting them? This would not
>necessarily need to agree with archival conventions, but would allow us to
>store the basic pages of a website to a file, and would allow a sense of
>understanding the context of the information (at least for the main
>pages). Something which could be stored on DVD would be preferable. Thanks
>in advance for any advice which you might offer.
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Marian Taliaferro

Skip Kendall
Senior Electronic Records Analyst/Archivist

Records Management Office
Harvard University Archives
Pusey Library
Cambridge, MA 02138
http://hul.harvard.edu/rmo/

Tel.  617-495-5961
Fax  617-495-8011

*The comments and opinions expressed in this post are mine and do not
necessarily reflect those of my employer.*