Yes.  Deus and gladius are both 2nd declension nouns, so when the end in -o
they can either be in the dative case ("to/for") or the ablative ("with/by
means of").  Here the ablative case makes a lot more sense = "with God and
the sword"/"by God and the sword".

Regards,
Tom Bruno
Widener Library
Harvard University
(and they said a degree in Classics would never amount to anything!)