From: Archives & Archivists [mailto: [log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bishop O'Rourke Library
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2006 8:23 AM

Subject: Re: Latin help

Barbara,

I don't know much about Latin, but it looks like gladio is latin for sword (a form of gladius) and your motto was "God and sword" (I've absorbed a bit from working in a church library).  Hopefully someone else can confirm this.

Melissa Martinez
Librarian, Bishop O'Rourke Library
St. John's Catholic Newman Center
Phone: (217) 255-6610