I want to encourage everyone who attends the SAA annual meeting next week to visit the Archives Management Roundtable.  We’ll meet Thursday, August 3, 2006, 4:30-6 PM, in Georgetown East, Hilton Washington.

Max Evans, Executive Director of the National Historical Publications and Records Commission, will preface our meeting with remarks on grant opportunities to establish an archival leadership institute.

Our presenters will be Dr. Michael J. Kurtz, Assistant Archivist for Records Services, NARA’s Washington, DC, Office, and Marilyn Bott, NARA’s Director of Organization Development.  Their topic will be “Change Management at NARA: A Brief Case Study.”  They'll describe the interaction between people, processes, and technology and the key elements of an effective change management strategy.

Following their presentation, we’ll use the remaining time to discuss the Roundtable’s future direction and develop sessions for SAA 2007 to be sponsored by the Roundtable.

Hope to see you there!

Casey Edward Greene

Chair, SAA Archives Management Roundtable