there are many times that if a hotel does not have wi fi my friends  will not
stay there.

If you have a huge hotel it takes quite a bit to wire it up with all the
wireless access points....  you have to hook those in   or..... create a mesh
network and use 5.8 gig for the  backhaul and  router to router...

I can understand why they want to charge for it.  They spent a lot to  hook
it up or  had a concession do it and run it for them.

But..... I hate to pay it!

ed sharpe archivist for SMECC (who is also a network person)

> There are ethernet connections in the rooms (for an exhorbitant and
> offensive
> fee), and wireless in the lobby, also for a fee.
>
> I can't remember the last time I stayed at a hotel without free Wifi. I've
> stayed at Motel 6's that had free WiFi. In this day and age, lack of free
> Wifi
> at an SAA conference hotel is unacceptable. When negotiating with hotels for
> future meetings, I think we should petition SAA to make free WiFi one
> requirement for selecting a hotel.
>
> Lee Miller

Thanks,

Ed Sharpe, Archivist for SMECC

See the Museum's Web Site at  www.smecc.org

We are always looking for items to add to the museum's display and ref.
library  - please advise if you have anything we can use.

Coury House / SMECC
5802 W. Palmaire Ave.                          Phone    623-435-1522
Glendale Az 85301  USA