Here are the responses to my query regarding cleaning negatives and slides:

1) Anti-Static cloth:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=24592&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

 They can easily be purchased online and in photography/camera shops.
     2) We have a photographer on our staff with darkroom experience, and he uses canned air to remove dust from negatives, slides and prints.  It’s about $60 per case, and that will go a long way.

Thank you for your help.
  Allegra Gonzalez
  Digital Library Cataloger
  The Libraries of the Claremont Colleges