From: Archives & Archivists [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Allegra
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2006 1:00 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: was: cleaning negatives and slides (circa 1970)

Here are the responses to my query regarding cleaning negatives and slides:

1) Anti-Static cloth:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=24592&is=REG&addedTroughType=search
 They can easily be purchased online and in photography/camera shops.
 2) We have a photographer on our staff with darkroom experience, and he uses canned air to remove dust from negatives, slides and prints.  It’s about $60 per case, and that will go a long way.
Thank you for your help.
Allegra Gonzalez
Digital Library Cataloger
The Libraries of the Claremont Colleges