Hello Everyone,

I've been asked to forward the following query to the Archives list.
If you can help, please reply directly to Richard Parker and the
addresses provided.

Sincerely,
Bob Schmidt
Archives Listserve Coordinator
Miami University Archives
Oxford, Ohio 45056
Tel: 513-529-6720
Email: [log in to unmask]

For a book about the Yaddo artists' retreat in Saratoga Springs, NY,
I'd be grateful for help in finding archives containing letters that
give some details about the retreat, especially as it was run under
Elizabeth Ames, Yaddo's first Executive Director (1924-1969) and
Ames's secretary, Polly Hanson (1950-1975).  While I've consulted the
major Yaddo-related collections--NYPL's Yaddo Records, Newberry
Library's Malcolm Cowley Papers, Syracuse University's Granville
Hicks Papers, and Smith College's Newton Arvin Papers--there must be
numerous "secondary" collections of Yaddo letters I'd never discover
without the help of archivists who know of them.  I'm looking for
letters containing virtually any observations about Yaddo--creative
work, guests' interactions, pastimes, descriptions of living quarters
and grounds, comments about staff members, etc.  Although I'm willing
to travel to consult extensive collections, I'd prefer letters that
can be copied and mailed to me.  Since I do not automatically receive
messages from this listserv, I'd appreciate any responses to be sent
me at [log in to unmask]  My mailing address is Richard Parker, 27
South Fairview Street, Lock Haven, PA 17745