"Anyone who welcomes or turns away prospective candidates on the basis of
whether or not they have a C.A. is short-sighted and THAT I believe is
damaging to the profession."

Why would someone who is outside a profession and therefore confused by the
myriad qualifications and degrees held by those inside the profession be
considered short-sighted to include a credential recognized by the national
association of the members of that profession among the "preferred
qualifications" in a job description?  I did not imply it should be the only
standard for hiring an archivist.

The lack of a cohesive uniform standard of necessary educational
prerequisites for the profession is far more damaging in my opinion.

Sharon A. Pullen, C.A.
Archivist
Office of the County Clerk
Historic Documents Library