ATTENTION STUDENTS: You won't want to miss the chance to connect with other archives students at the DC 2006 Student Mixer this WEDNESDAY, AUG. 2 (that's tomorrow), 5:00-6:30 p.m., at the Washington Hilton.

This event is hosted by the Student Archivists at Maryland (SAM), a local student chapter of the SAA at the University of Maryland College Park.  SAM members will be on hand to share a local perspective on making the most of your time in the DC area.

Free food and soft drinks, plus drink tickets to the first 40 attendees. We hope to see you there!

Location: International Terrace, Washington Hilton (NOTE: we have moved slightly from the advertised location of Poolside Gazebo, to avoid the heat).

Libation: "Stadium-style" munchies (think hot dogs, soft pretzels and mustard, crackerjacks, etc), soft drinks, plus a full cash bar.