listed in manuscript collections.  What is the proper procedure for handling these types of information embedded heavily throughout a collection?  The bulk of the collection material dates from 1992-2002.  If the collection was 50 years old or older I would not be so concerned about identity theft.  I have thought of copying each page and blacking out the incriminating info, but the time and staff hours needed to perform the labor intensive task are unreasonable.

I would like some ideas as to how best preserve the provenance of the collection without divulging personal data.

Thank you in advance for your replies.  Off-list replies will be fine.

Betty Shankle

Sr. Librarian/Archivist

Genealogy, History, Archives

Central Public Library