Hi Alison and list,
I'm in the process of working on a group project for one of my MLIS
classes at Dominican (River Forest, IL) and our subject is wikis - what
they are, how to use then, how various libraries are using them, etc.
In my research, I discovered  WikiMatrix (http://www.wikimatrix.org).
This site provides detailed descriptions of over 50 wiki software
choices, and enables you to compare features of various wikis
side-by-side. It also has a neat feature called the Wiki Choice Wizard,
which recommends wiki software options based on your answers to a few
basic questions. Wiki Choice Wizard then displays the details of your
recommended options in spreadsheet fashion in order for you compare
their features side by side.  Pretty cool.
Also, feel free to check out our wiki: http://lis753wiki.pbwiki.com/.
Please keep in mind it's a work in progress - our presentation is not
until this weekend.  I put together the "Do it Yourself" page.  I
gleaned much of my information from Meredith Wolfwater's great articles
(http://www.webjunction.org/do/DisplayContent?id=11262) and SirsiDynix
talk on Wikis (http://sirsidynixinstitute.com/seminar_page.php?sid=66).
She's pretty much the wiki guru in libraryland.
We also have a list of libraries that are using wikis in various ways.
Good luck and have fun!

Laura

Laura L. Carroll, M.A.
Archivist II, Records Management and Archives
American Medical Association
515 North State Street
Chicago, IL  60610
Phone:  312-464-5130