I was a volunteer at the Berkeley Historical Society during the Schwartz v. BHS lawsuit, and from what I understand, Peter's assessment is correct.  There was some kind of gag order, so only Richard Schwartz, the BHS board of directors, and their lawyers know the full story.

Katie Wadell

-----Original Message-----
From: Archives & Archivists [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On
Behalf Of Peter Kurilecz
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2006 5:08 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Schwartz v. BHS

On 8/8/06, Blake, Tom <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Does anybody out there know how the case, Schwartz v. Berkeley
> Historical Society was decided?
> I read that the "parties stipulated and agreed to dismissal," but I'm
> not sure what that means, or what the implications might be.

I inadvertently sent this only to rather than to the list

in all likelihood they probably agreed to disagree on the issue and
the suit has been dismissed. probably was costing both sides more than
it was worth to fight. for those unfamiliar with the case see this
google search

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22schwartz+v+berkeley+historical+society%22&btnG=Google+Search

http://shrinkster.com/h7x

and more particularly read this pdf file

www.howardrice.com/uploads/content/SFrankel_SFDJ_080205.pdf?CFID=110994&CFTOKEN=72639776

http://shrinkster.com/h7y

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA