We currently have a collection of a former state government official who also served on the Board of Trustees at Elon.  There is an interest in making about a 2-3 minute video of this individual that presents a short timeline of his life and major accomplishments (memorial video).  To be included in this video are clips taken from other videos (that were produced by Elon) and photographs from the manuscript collection.  I don’t have any questions about the videos since they were produced here at the school, but the photographs we do not own the copyright to.  Many of the photos do not have photographers and/or years identified on the back, but some do.  This video will not be sold and only shown locally on campus to a small group.  Also, there was no Deed of Gift with this collection and no one seems to know where most of the items came from. JJ  Is it ok to have these photographs scanned and included into this video?  Are there any issues or concerns I should have? If so, what?

Please reply off the list-serve, unless others are interested in the answers.

Thanks!

Katie Nash

Archivist and Special Collections Librarian

Elon University

Belk Library

2550 Campus Box

P.O. Box 187

Elon, NC  27244

(336) 278-6681 (v)

(336) 278-6638 (f)

http://www.elon.edu/library/

      In body of message:  SUB ARCHIVES firstname lastname

                    *or*:  UNSUB ARCHIVES

Problems?  Send e-mail to Robert F Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>