Hi,

I find this very interesting. A few years ago I wrote a history of
archival certification that I presented at the MARAC conference as part
of a ten year celebration of the certification process. At that point if
my memory is correct filling out the form for recertification was the
way to go. I do remember that John Fleckner, a past SAA president, did
write an article about how he decided to recertify by taking the exam
and wrote about the process. I wonder if that's when the decision was
made to encourage recertification by exam as well as by the form?
Perhaps some of the CA's on the list can answer that.

Danna Bell-Russel