Folks,
  Hope to see lots of you at the 3rd Annual NHPRC Electronic Records
Research Fellowship Symposium in Chapel Hill!

**************************
Interested in learning how archivists and record managers on the front lines
are facing the challenges of managing and preserving electronic records?
Looking for creative solutions or potential project ideas to further
institutional objectives as they relate to electronic records?

What a fabulous group of projects this year!! Please join us for what
promises to be our best symposium yet as our 2005-2006 Fellows present their
research results and the 2006-2007 Fellows discuss their research plans for
the coming year. Topics include: electronic records management in Fortune
100 corporations, colleges, and universities; content management systems;
and HIPAA-aware EAD finding aids.

International expert in digital curation and preservation, Dr. Seamus Ross,
Director of the Humanities Advanced Technology and Information Institute
(HATII) at the University of Glasgow, UK, will join our Fellows and present
the keynote address, "Uncertainty, Risk, Trust, and Digital Persistency."

This event is free and open to members of the University and the public, and
will be held on Oct. 6, in the Pleasants Family Room of the Louis Round
Wilson Library on UNC's campus, 8:30 - 5:00.

To learn more about the symposium and our Fellows' research, please visit
our website:

http://www.ils.unc.edu/nhprcfellows/

A joint project of the School of Information and Library Science and the
Academic Affairs Libraries at the University of North Carolina at Chapel
Hill and the Duke University Libraries
Funded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission
Dr. Helen R. Tibbo, Professor
School of Information and Library Science
201 Manning Hall
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3360
Tel: 919.962.8063
Fax: 919.962.8071