Think they in Belgrade: [ http://www.tesla-museum.org/meni_en.htm ]

As per PBS site: [ http://www.pbs.org/tesla/ll/ll_mispapers.html ]

"One of the more controversial topics involving Nikola Tesla is what
became of many of his technical and scientific papers after he died in
1943. Just before his death at the height of World War II, he claimed
that he had perfected his so-called "death beam." So it was natural that
the FBI and other U.S. Government agencies would be interested in any
scientific ideas involving weaponry. Some were concerned that Tesla's
papers might fall into the hands of the Axis powers or the Soviets.

The morning after the inventor's death, his nephew Sava Kosanovic´
hurried to his uncle's room at the Hotel New Yorker. He was an
up-and-coming Yugoslav official with suspected connections to the
communist party in his country. By the time he arrived, Tesla's body had
already been removed, and Kosanovic´ suspected that someone had already
gone through his uncle's effects. Technical papers were missing as well
as a black notebook he knew Tesla kept--a notebook with several hundred
pages, some of which were marked "Government."

P. E. Foxworth, assistant director of the New York FBI office, was
called in to investigate. According to Foxworth, the government was
"vitally interested" in preserving Tesla's papers. Two days after
Tesla's death, representatives of the Office of Alien Property went to
his room at the New Yorker Hotel and seized all his possessions.

Dr. John G. Trump, an electrical engineer with the National Defense
Research Committee of the Office of Scientific Research and Development,
was called in to analyze the Tesla papers in OAP custody. Following a
three-day investigation, Dr. Trump concluded:

    His [Tesla's] thoughts and efforts during at least the past 15 years
    were primarily of a speculative, philosophical, and somewhat
    promotional character often concerned with the production and
    wireless transmission of power; but did not include new, sound,
    workable principles or methods for realizing such results.

Just after World War II, there was a renewed interest in beam weapons.
Copies of Tesla's papers on particle beam weaponry were sent to
Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio. An operation code-named
"Project Nick" was heavily funded and placed under the command of
Brigadier General L. C. Craigie to test the feasibility of Tesla's
concept. Details of the experiments were never published, and the
project was apparently discontinued. But something peculiar happened.
The copies of Tesla's papers disappeared and nobody knows what happened
to them.

In 1952, Tesla's remaining papers and possessions were released to Sava
Kosanovic´ and returned to Belgrade, Yugoslavia where a museum was
created in the inventor's honor. For many years, under Tito's communist
regime, it was extremely difficult for Western journalists and scholars
to gain access to the Tesla archive in Yugoslavia; even then they were
allowed to see only selected papers."

Regards.

Michael Moses
Exeter Books