Dear Archives listserv subscribers,

This year, Georgia will be celebrating its 7th Georgia Archives
Week (October 7-15,
2006). This year's theme is "Faces of Georgia." Please see the
link below to the flyer
to help answer any questions you may have.  Please feel free to
distribute the flyer as
you see fit.

The purpose of Archives Week is to celebrate the value of
Georgia's historical records,
publicize the many ways historical records enrich our lives, and
recognize those who
maintain our communities' historical records. This is the ideal
time to call attention
to your organization or local government, and its work in
preserving Georgia's
documentary heritage.

Particularly if you are in or near the state of Georgia, we
encourage you to think of ways in which your organization or local
government can
celebrate Archives Week in your community.  If you are planning an
event, please email
[log in to unmask] and we will add your event to the Archives
Week web site.

If you have any questions, please view our web site at
http://www.soga.org/aw/index.php
or contact [log in to unmask] (Christine de Catanzaro,
404-385-0107; Sheila
McAlister, 706-542-5418).

http://www.soga.org/aw/2006/samples/flyer1.pdf

Thank you,

Christine de Catanzaro
Co-chair, Georgia Archives Week 2006

--
Christine D. de Catanzaro
Access Archivist

Georgia Institute of Technology
Library and Information Center
704 Cherry Street
Atlanta, GA 30332-0900

phone: 404-385-0107
fax: 404-894-9421
email: [log in to unmask]

        This email was composed using the GTEL Webmail client.

to  which  it  is  addressed  and  may  contain  confidential  and/or
privileged  material. Any  review, retransmission,  dissemination or
other  use  of, or  taking  of any  action  in  reliance  upon, this
information  by persons or entities other than the intended recipient
is prohibited.

           Georgia Tech Library and Information Center
                  http://www.library.gatech.edu