Hello:

I am about to start a processing project in September and among my
responsibilities within the capacity of this position is to draft and
implement a processing plan.  I recognize the use and function of this
document, and am excited to put it together in conjunction with the unique
characteristics of the project.

I was curious if there were any current examples or general best practice
for drafting a processing plan. I have consulted a few publications on
processing archives and haven't found any references to processing plan
methodologies. Are there any books or publications which identify
processing plans, their construction and implementation? If it is at all
possible, are there any drafted processing plans that could be shared or
are already available on the internet?

I don't wish to congest the Archives Listserv, so please respond to me
privately, off list.

Thank you.

Best,

Heather Davis