From: Archives & Archivists [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Nancy Iannucci
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2006 8:40 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Archival fasteners and an addition question...

Although I dislike plastic clips, I do find that using acid-free paper
as separators is a very expensive practice.  I have a hard enough time
keeping my copy machine supplied with acid-free paper let alone use
these sheets as dividers.  Personally speaking, I could go through loads
of these sheets just as dividers alone.  So, I do use plastic clips here
and there to help keep costs down.

I also have another question.  Is it absolutely necessary to buy the
most expensive line of acid-free paper (which can be found in our
archival supply catalogs) instead of using the paper that our
institution buys in bulk (which are labeled acid-free)???  I have been
meaning to put this question out there for some time...I guess now is as
good a time as any.

Thanks for your thoughts in advance.

Nancy Iannucci

Emma Willard School Archives