Nova Scotia Archives and Records Management is coming to Boston...again!

Staff from Nova Scotia Archives and Records Management (Halifax, NS) will be in Boston on  August 31 to September 2 for the Federation of Genealogical Societies’ 2006 Conference at the Hynes Convention Center.  If you’re coming, be sure to drop by and visit us!

We’re presenting a conference session - ‘Two Million Online Visitors Can’t be Wrong’ - on Thursday afternoon, 3:30 to 4:30 pm, and we’ll be in the Exhibit Hall (Booth 909) for the full three days. Come and explore our Website products - 33 virtual exhibits, 17 searchable databases, 5 research guides....and growing.  Bring your questions about Nova Scotia genealogy and history - Acadians, Mi’kmaq, New England Planters, African Nova Scotians, Gaelic heritage, the 1917 Halifax Explosion, the Titanic, and more - something for every interest!  And be among the first to explore our next big online resource -  the ‘Nova Scotia Historical Vital Statistics’ database, arriving Autumn 2006 with 700,000 digitized records.

We met thousands of New Englanders in May at the Charlestown Navy Yard, when we participated in the CAT Ferry / Nova Scotia Tourism Promotion.  This time we’re looking forward to meeting 3500 delegates and over 130 exhibitors at the FGS Conference!  For further information, visit the NSARM Website at www.gov.ns.ca/nsarm and the FGS Website at http://www.fgs.org/

Lois Yorke
Director, Public Services
Nova Scotia Archives and Records Management
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
phone 902-424-6068
e-mail [log in to unmask]
Website www.gov.ns.ca/nsarm