Dear colleagues,

I am serving as the SAA mentoring program coordinator for the Membership
Committee. The  program matches a new archivist with an archivist who
has been in the field for a while and is willing to serve as a resource
person to offer advice and share work experiences.  The time commitment
is very manageable, and it is usually e-mailing or speaking over the
phone once a month or more often depending on the mentor and protegé.
Sometimes there is a possibility of meeting in person if both persons
live or work in the same area, but this is entirely up to them.

I am currently trying to find prospective mentors for new archivists
from all over the USA. One requirement is that both mentors and protégés
are current SAA members. More description about the Mentoring Program is
available on the SAA website at
http://www.archivists.org/membership/mentoring.asp

Don't be shy! You might think you don't have anything to offer, but the
truth is that your advice and experience is worth millions to someone
that's just starting out. Don't you wish you'd had a mentor too?

Interested? Have any questions? Comments? Concerns?

Feel free to contact me off-list at [log in to unmask]

Best wishes,

Adriana Cuervo
SAA Mentoring Program Coordinator
--

Adriana P. Cuervo
Assistant Archivist for Music and Fine Arts

Tel. (217) 244-9309
Fax  (217) 244-8695
http://www.library.uiuc.edu/sousa