Hello all – A colleague is looking for leads as to the whereabouts of the papers of Amelia Etta Johnson (1858-1922)?   She is looking for her papers and any materials on her children's journal--Joy (1887-?).  Joy was published by the American Baptist Association, and my colleague will contact them to see if they have any papers.

Johnson moved to Baltimore from Toronto, Canada in 1874 and married Reverend Dr. Harvey Johnson in 1877.  The Maryland State Archives has Harvey Johnson's papers but not Amelia's.

Please provide me any information you can off list.  Your help is much appreciated!

Best,

Amy

Amy Cooper Cary

Archival Studies Program Coordinator