On 8/5/06, [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>     Again though, this is just my personal opinion.  Feel free to disagree
> if you do not share this same opinion.  The purpose of this message is just
> to generate a friendly discussion about the exam and to see if other
> individuals felt similar about the exam as I do, or if I am the only one who
> had difficulty with it.  I look forward to reading the responses to this
> message.

Interesting comments. as a CRM and a CA I bring a unique viewpoint to
the question. For those who don't know the CRM exam process consists
of six exams. Parts 1-5 must be passed before one can take Part 6,
which consists of two case studies, one worth 60 points and the other
worth 40 points.

Parts 1-5 cover these topics and consist of 100 questions each
Part 1 Management Principles and RIM program
Part 2 Records Creation and Use
Part 3 Records Systems, Storage and Retrieval
Part 4 Records Appraisal, Retention, Protection and Disposition
Part 5 Facilities, Supplies and Technology
Part 6 Case Studies
https://db.icrm.org/crm/index.jsp?submit_menu=111

this link takes you to an expanded outline
http://www.icrm.org/outline.pdf

now consider this , the CRM exams are given over a two-day period,
twice a year in multiple locations.

Part 6 is the hardest to grade and has a passing rate of under 50%

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va