This message is posted for a colleague; please reply to:
[log in to unmask] Thanks.

--------------

My name is Albert Steg, a film archivist living in Cambridge.  I recently
responded to an advertisement about a local business (EMF
Electronics) that is moving and had film materials available, and discovered
that the owner had a large quantity of Home Movies (100+ 400' reels) taken
by his father, which he could no longer store.
  I have arranged for these films to be donated to Northeast Historic Film
in Maine.

The owner of these materials also has a very large number of 35mm slides
packed in the old rectangular cases stacked in milk crates -- about 6 milk
crates worth!  Northeast Historic Film does not handle this sort of
material, so I am wondering whether there is another archive, museum or
library, ideally in the Boston area that might be interested in taking these
on.  I can't say much about the content except that the man who took them
traveled quite a bit, and obviously took a lot of pictures and movies. The
slides have not been stored in ideal conditions, so the images may have
faded (though the Kodachrome films I glanced at looked quite wonderful.

Any offers of interest in this material by a non-profit organization would
be welcome.  I think this is "do or die" time for this material -- they will
likely wind up in a dumpster unless they can find a home.  The receiving
organization would need to arrange pick up or transport of this material.

Yours truly,
Albert Steg
Cambridge, MA
585-944-7319