"A form of professional credentialing is extremely important in a
profession that is little known, recognized or understood by those
outside it. "

Respectfully, I think this is more important to those inside the
profession than those outside of it.  Anyone who welcomes or turns away
prospective candidates on the basis of whether or not they have a C.A.
is short-sighted and THAT I believe is damaging to the profession.

Susan G. Hamson
University Archivist | Columbia University Archives
535 West 116th Street, MC 4316 | Low Memorial Library
New York, NY 10027 | Voice: 212.854.1331 | Fax: 212.854.7320