Hello Everyone,

I've been asked to post the following announcement to the archives
list. If you are interested, please respond to the email addresses
given in the announcement.

Thanks,
Bob Schmidt
Miami University Archives
Oxford, Ohio 45056
Tel: 513-529-6720
Email: [log in to unmask]

     For a double issue of the journal Public Library Quarterly,
which will also be published as an edited book about disasters in
libraries, we are calling for papers on all aspects of the issue,
including responses to specific types of disasters and other
approaches (such as digitization) to preservation of library
materials in the face of almost inevitable disaster of one kind or
another.  Although the book has a public library focus, we consider
the matter generic to all libraries, and welcome contributions from
academic as well as public librarians.

            Please contact the guest co-editors:  Dr. William Miller,
([log in to unmask]), and Rita Pellen ([log in to unmask]).

            Thanks.

            Rita Pellen

            William Miller