Here in Hawaii, people with metal detectors routinely scour the beaches
for lost coins and jewelry. Some are also prospecting for treasure brought
by one of the lost tribes of Israel. (You DO know that Hawaiians are one
of the lost tribes, don't you? And that the gummint is covering it up and
thwarting research, of course).