303.860.4220

From: Archives & Archivists [mailto:
[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Wood, Thomas J
Sent:
Friday, August 11, 2006 10:18 AM
To:
Subject: Re: interesting morning

Well, here in Illinois in 1982 there was found a trove of ancient Egyptian gold, stashed here by the children of Cleopatra and Mark Antony in the 1st century A.D. Fleeing Mauretania after a Roman attack, and after stops in Ghana and the Azores, they sailed up the Mississippi and then up the Wabash and Skillet Fork to hide their gold trasure in a cave in what's now Marion County. But unfortunately most of the gold artifacts have been melted down and the cave has been dynamited and flooded. About everyone who saw the surviving artifacts declared them obvious and clumsy forgeries, but they were just jealous.

http://www.philipcoppens.com/burrowscave.html

Thomas J. Wood
Archivist
Archives/Special Collections LIB 144