thanks for the info!

ed!

-----Original Message-----
From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 10:48 PM
Subject: Re: TELEVISION ON THE MOON! Or... In Space No One Can Tell you are Using the CBS

Given that you are the archivist for this sort of thing, maybe contacting
the CBS archivist and asking if they can get you the one minute plus of that
monolog. It was pretty funny, about lost Apollo shots (astronaut getting hit
in the groin with the football bloopers, and such).  I liked it that he was
culturally aware.  It didn't just seem like something to poke fun at, but
something to bring awareness to.

The show has an email page at http://www.cbs.com/latenight/latelate/email/

Also, in a week or so, you can download the piece, I guess, in what Craig
calls the "Show and Tell" monolog (where the Apollo tapes appeared) from
http://www.cbs.com/latenight/latelate/comedy/  .  So, I guess after
exploring the CBS site for the show and writing this email in pieces, I
found what you are looking for, though it may be a while before it shows up.

By the way, I think it was a first-aired program, not a repeat.

Hope this helps.

Russell

Louisiana State University
Russell D. James