Resending with a proper header.  Also, I noticed that in one case the
Professor linked to NASA's records schedule rather than a policy
document; I had sent links to both.  He mixed them up.  Actually, since
he quoted my extract of the policy document, the mixup may be good as
it may lead readers to consider the disposition schedule, as well.
Here's the item I just posted, inadvertently leaving off a subject line:

The professor who had provided some eroneous impressions about the
misplacement of the NASA tape was kind enough to incorporate much of
what I emailed him into a new blog entry. See
http://hnn.us/blogs/entries/29263.html

While this does not cover everything I sent him, there's enough in the
extracts to explain to academics that all Federal agencies are required
to have records management programs. They are not required to have
historians or archivists. So, unlike what the professor had implied, it
is not historians or archivists who ensure the proper handling of
records at Federal agencies, although they can play a useful role in
retention related matters. Rather, it is records managers who ensure
that permanently valuable records are accessioned into NARA and that
temporary records are kept on site or at Federal Records Centers,
according to approved retention schedules. If readers of the blog
follow the links I provided, they can access information on NASA's
records management program and records disposition schedules.

So, reaching out to the professor worked out very well! I was glad to
see he also posted my comment about the bleak budget picture at NARA.

Maarja