Message
I was not going to jump into this fray but here I am - usually I am very happy with my lurker status.  However there is one thing that bothers me about CA.  It is the strong suggestion by ACA  to keep your certification you retake the exam every five years instead of documenting contributions one has made to the profession  has  and/or on going education one has taken over the years.  To keep many other types of certifications, you have to stay atop of new innovations in your filed by taking courses, going to seminars and conferences, and in some cases publishing.  This is not an easy course to follow to retain certification but adds so much more knowledge of your profession, allows you to specialize, and is far more interesting than cramming for an exam. This is the main reason I did not bother to take the exam six or so years ago.

Back to my dark lair.

Barbara O'Brien
McDaniel College