Since graduating in December from UMD, the only places I've really seen CA are for small archival repositories (I'm pretty sure that's where I've seen it, but I might be wrong).  I haven't see it more East Coast then West Coast.  I haven't seen it as a requirement for every job posting.  More like "CA preferred."