Using a Google search (so excuse me if I've overlooked something), of
the 38 job listings currently on the SAA site, six specifically mention
certification.  Five are at academic institutions (2 at Georgia State,
plus Texas Tech, UT-Tyler and Michigan State), while the other is at
Gap, Inc.

None of the positions require the ACA certification, instead listing it
as preferred.  Interestingly, the Gap position doesn't even require a
masters degree.

So, at least currently, the trend seems to be toward academic
institutions preferring certification.

Anne

Anne M. Baker, Archivist
Missouri State University
Duane G. Meyer Library
901 S National Ave.
Springfield, MO 65897

Phone:(417) 836-4298    FAX:(417) 836-4764
Email: [log in to unmask]
http://library.missouristate.edu/Archives