From: Archives & Archivists [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Peter Kurilecz
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2006 2:18 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: CA

On 8/15/06, Leon Miller <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> "However there is one thing that bothers me about CA. It is the strong

> suggestion by ACA  to keep your certification you retake the exam
> every five years instead of documenting contributions one has made to
> the profession has and/or on going education one has taken over the
years."

> Could someone provide a citation for that?

here is the link

http://www.certifiedarchivists.org/html/recert.html

Personally I prefer the ICRM method which requires one to obtain 100
points during a 5 year period. The certification maintenance points can
be obtained in a number of ways, and you must submit your request within
6 months of completing an event (seminar, class, project, giving a
speech). CMPs are maintained in a database and i know up to the minute
of my certification status.

collecting and submitting 5 years worth of information is a pain, but I
refuse to submit to another exam

here is the link to the ICRM certification maintenance program

https://db.icrm.org/crm/index.jsp?submit_menu=136

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va

For the terms of participation, please refer to

                    *or*:  UNSUB ARCHIVES To post a message, send e-mail
to [log in to unmask]