Hello. I'm looking for software to organize the process for selecting digital photos to be published in a book. Ideally, the software would let me see a thumbnail and assign metadata to each photo. My team currently enters descriptive text, pub dates, chapter number, etc. into a Microsoft Excel
spreadsheet. When we meet in person to select the photos, we can't remember what the images look like, despite having a printed copy of the image.

Would these applications -- which we own or are free -- be helpful? What do book publishers use?

- Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0
- Microsoft Clip Organizer
- Google's Picasa

Thanks so much!