From: Archives & Archivists [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Christina Hostetter
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2006 11:34 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Cleaners

Hello List!  As of January 1st the Truman Lounge (which is the only room
in the whole building where people can smoke) will become smoke free
(yippee!) That means all of the objects, walls, carpet, etc. will need
to be cleaned to get rid of the smoke smell and residue from almost 100
years of smoking (luckily, most of the stuff in the room hasn't been
there for 100 years).  It is going to be my job to clean all of the
objects/artifacts housed in that room.  As I'm glancing through
conservation catalogs I'm seeing all kinds of cleaners for this and
that.  I don't want to buy 50 different things to clean a few objects.
Can anyone recommend one or two "all-purpose" cleaners?

Some of the materials include wood, ceramics, rubber, metal, fabric, and
glass.  Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Christina J. Zamon

Archivist

National Press Club Archives

529 14th Street, NW

Suite 480

Washington, DC  20045

202-662-7598

http://www.press.org/library06/archives.cfm

participation, please refer to

In body of message: SUB ARCHIVES firstname lastname *or*: UNSUB ARCHIVES

Cleveland Clinic is ranked one of the top 3 hospitals in America by U.S.News & World Report.  Visit us online at http://www.clevelandclinic.org for a complete listing of our services, staff and locations.

Confidentiality Note:  This message is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error,  please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy.  Thank you.
Visit us online at our award-winning http://www.clevelandclinic.org for a complete listing of Cleveland Clinic services, staff and locations from one of the country's leading hospitals.