Just to add to Maarja's post, the photo posted on Nandotimes.com either
wasn't caught by AP or they paid for the rights (I looked into it for
our website but it cost too much for the rights).

As for the "Truman" piano, the piano that now sits in the Truman lounge
is known as the Truman Piano because it is the piano that appears in the
photo.  In truth, if you look at the piano in the photo and the piano
that sits directly below the photo, you will notice that the two pianos
don't match.  From what I've gathered, the club took the insides of the
"Truman" piano and put them in the shell of another piano that the club
had on hand.  So technically, it isn't the same piano even though the
club still claims that it is the same.  There are a few members that are
upset about it but not enough to change the story.

Also, to clarify my original post, I will be cleaning only the
objects/artifacts on display.  The walls, carpets and furniture will be
either replaced or cleaned by a professional company.  The carpet and
furniture is recent and has no real value other than a place to sit with
your Jack Daniels and a cigar.

Christina J. Zamon
Archivist
National Press Club Archives