From: Archives & Archivists [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf
Of Nancy Iannucci
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2006 6:40 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Archival fasteners and an addition question...

Although I dislike plastic clips, I do find that using acid-free paper as
separators is a very expensive practice.  I have a hard enough time keeping
my copy machine supplied with acid-free paper let alone use these sheets as
dividers.  Personally speaking, I could go through loads of these sheets
just as dividers alone.  So, I do use plastic clips here and there to help
keep costs down.

I also have another question.  Is it absolutely necessary to buy the most
expensive line of acid-free paper (which can be found in our archival supply
catalogs) instead of using the paper that our institution buys in bulk
(which are labeled acid-free)???  I have been meaning to put this question
out there for some time...I guess now is as good a time as any.

Thanks for your thoughts in advance.

Nancy Iannucci

Emma Willard School Archives

  _____