August 22, 2006

Is there anyone with a Bank Collection who could offer some good advice?  I
have a series of bank records that were donated in 1998.

Included are Check Registers 1892-1923

Farm Loans books         1931-1943

Rent Book                     1896-1899

Indexes to loans            1884-1920

Bank Draft books           1886-1916

Register Transfer            1900-1926

Ledger and Journal Books

I am not sure how this should be handled.  Should I retain all of the items
in the collection are some things duplicating information.  Several
co-workers have offered advice as to what could be done with the entire
collection.  But I don't want to trash them and I do not have the funds for
microfilming.  Unfortunately the bindings and covers on the book have
redroot occurring so they are very messy.  Any help would be appreciated.

Muriel M. Jackson

Archivist/Genealogy Librarian

Middle Georgia Archives/Genealogical & Historical Room

1180 Washngton Ave.

Macon, GA  31201

(478) 744-0820 Phone

(478) 744-0839 Fax