In a message dated 8/21/2006 12:18:37 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask] writes:
Date:    Sun, 20 Aug 2006 16:40:02 EDT
From:    [log in to unmask]
Subject: Nixon tape segments (lawyers, Pentagon Papers, etc Earlier in the week, in response to Ginny Jones's comment about the code of ethics, I mentioned some released Nixon tapes.  These segments showed President Nixon expressing frustration that lawyers were reluctant to work in areas where he thought things needed to be done.  And pressing his subordinates to take action...
Thanks for posting these extraordinary records snips, Maarja. It is so easy to get so caught up in the technology, standards, processes and professional aspects of recordkeeping in our list, conference and journal discussions, that we forget what it is all about. We need occasional citations of real records like those you posted to remind us what major parts accountability and social memory constitute in everything else we discuss on the list.

Regards,

Rick

Rick Barry
www.mybestdocs.com