You make some good points, Arel.  On the other hand, I've also had people
give me good advice off list on how to minimize potential problems while still
posting some photos.  I'm still mulling this over.

As to institutions taking down photos, email lists, etc., I can see how some
organizations might make that decision.  Of course, some of that may end up
cached on Google or available through the Wayback machine.  And still available.

Those of us who work in the public sector are in a somewhat different
situation than those of you in the private sector, at least as far as email addresses
are concerned.  Most Federal agencies do list contact information for many of
their staff members.  My work email address is posted on my agency's external
website.  Of course, much depends on the type of job you do.  Some people
can't avoid public exposure, in fact, their jobs require it.  Many of my
colleagues appear on television, testifying on Capitol Hill.  You probably see them on
the evening news from time to time.  Or on C-Span.

Of course, when people run for office in SAA and other organizations, their
photos often appear in hard copy newsletters that are distributed to eligible
voters.  So, there are all kinds of places where pictures may appear.  Anyone
who develops a relatively high profile in their profession these days may end
up with their picture posted somewhere, perhaps when they speak at a conference
or receive an award, perhaps when they web publish something.

Some present and former Federal officials have their pictures posted on the
web when they receive awards.  Here's one of former U.S. Archivist Trudy H.
Peterson who was honored recently:
http://www.deltazeta.org/news/?d=605 .

However, I understand the underlying concern felt by your institution.  Of
course, my picture already is out there on the History News Service website.
I'm fine with that, I kinew when I submitted the author photo that it would be
posted there.

BTW, I was wrong about Google and Yahoo images not picking up Frappr photos.
I only tried a few names this afternoon, perhaps they were of people who had
posted their pictures very recently.  When I tried again this evening, I did
find links to some previously posted Frappr archivists' pix in Google Images.

Maarja