In 2003, the Douglas County History Research Center chose Inergen, clean agent fire suppression system.  It uses a combination of inert gases under high pressure to suppress a fire.

The vendor for the library district's fire extinguishers provided excellent operational information, references, and specifications.  The system has routine operational inspections conducted by the vendor and our facilities staff.  The fire department also inspects using these visits to instruct staff in the Inergen system.  The fire department is very pleased we have this system because of the effectiveness.

Other systems are available, I suggest you contact a local fire suppression vendor or do an Internet search for
'clean agent fire suppression system.'

Johanna Harden, Archivist
Douglas County Libraries
 Douglas County History Research Center