The Texas State Library and Archives Commission is undergoing a multi-year renovation of its main facility in Austin, the Lorenzo de Zavala State Archives and Library Building. We are all very excited to accommodate the growing size of our archival collections as well as modernize our facility, which has not undergone a major renovation since it was built in 1961.

We will remain open during the renovation, but we will soon begin the relocation of resources and service areas. For safety and efficiency concerns, we must change our hours of operation. Beginning October 1, 2006, the Genealogy Collection will be open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and will be closed Saturdays and Sundays.

We are committed to providing quality service to our patrons during the renovation. The safety of our patrons, staff, and contractors, as well as the State's historical collections, is our top priority. We appreciate your patience as we build a first class, 21st Century research facility for you. Learn more about the renovation at www.tsl.state.tx.us/friends.

Diana Houston
Assistant Director, Information Services
Archives and Information Services Division
Texas State Library and Archives Commission
512-463-5426