Please excuse the cross-posting.  We are developing an exhibit on
children and the Civil War.  I need sources for reproduction Civil War
era toys and games.  I am also looking for suggestions of secondary
sources on Civil War era toys and games.  I have found a few things, but
not as much as I had hoped.  Thanks.
Julie Holcomb
Director of the Pearce Collections Museum

--
Julie Holcomb, MLIS, CA
Director of the Pearce Collections Museum/

Phone: (903) 875-7438 ~ Fax: (903) 875-7593
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

Internet: http://www.pearcecollections.us

"Men make their own history, but they do not make it just as they please; they do not make it under circumstances chosen by themselves, but under circumstances directly found, given, and transmitted from the past.  The tradition of all the dead generations weighs like a nightmare on the brain of the living."
Karl Marx, The Eighteenth Brumaire of Louis Bonaparte

"History does not refer merely, or even principally, to the past.  On the contrary, the great force of history comes from the fact that we carry it within us, are unconsciously controlled by it in many ways, and history is literally present in all that we do."
James Baldwin