Dear List Subscribers,

Firstly, in case you haven't heard, the Archives & Archivists List is
moving to a new list server. Please see the copy of yesterday's (second)
announcement below for details on this migration and how to resubscribe.

On the new list server, there are currently:

1,061 confirmed subscribers
117 users pending subscription

Approximately 10% of our total subscribers, including (but not limited
to) all AOL users, are apparently unable to receive messages from the
list server--including the subscription confirmation messages. We have
discovered that this problem is due to the lack of a properly configured
reverse DNS record that causes some ISPs to reject the messages. I am
currently working with SAA's hosting provider to resolve this issue and
hope to have it fixed by the end of the day.

In consideration of these problems, MU-Ohio has graciously agreed to
keep the old list active until Monday.

If you are one of those users who has been unable to subscribe or
receive messages, we will be getting back to you today with a further
update.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding!

Best regards,
Brian Doyle
SAA Director of Member & Technical Services

A&A
> List, are posted at:
>
> http://www.archivists.org/listservs/arch_listserv_terms.asp
>
> The A&A List remains "an open forum for all topics relating to
archival
> theory and practice." Membership in SAA is not a requirement.
>
> The list at MU-Ohio will be disabled on Friday, September 15, 2006.
The
> current list archives will remain available pending their final
> deposition.
>
> HOW DO I RE-SUBSCRIBE?
>
> Please visit
>
> WHY IS THE A&A LIST MIGRATING?
>
> After more than 7 years of exemplary service, Robert M. Schmidt is
> stepping down as the Archives & Archivists List Coordinator. In order
> sustain the list, SAA is assuming ongoing responsibility for list
> management.
>
> WHO IS THE NEW LIST COORDINATOR?
>
> SAA is pleased to introduce the new A&A List Coordinator, Kerwin R.
So.
> Kerwin is a student member of SAA who is pursuing an MLIS with an
Archival
> Studies emphasis at San Jose State University.  He was also a Digital
> Collections Intern at the Bancroft Library and was recently awarded
the
> 2006 Archie Motley Memorial Scholarship for Minority Students in
Archival
> Administration. He brings a wealth of other professional experience,
> including work at ArchiveGrid.org, the San Francisco History Center,
the
> Pacific Film Archive, and the National Archives.
>
> Sincerely,
> Brian P. Doyle
> SAA Director of Member & Technical Services

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

Brian P. Doyle, Director of Member & Technical Services

SOCIETY OF AMERICAN ARCHIVISTS
527 S Wells St, 5th Floor  |  Chicago, IL 60607-3922
312/922-0140  |  fax 312/347-1452  |  http://www.archivists.org

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o