The following message has been sent directly to some 130+ individuals
who have attempted to subscribe but have been unable to confirm their
subscriptions to the new A&A List.

Have a great weekend!

Best,
Brian Doyle

-----

Dear A&A List Subscriber,

As you probably know, a number of our users have experienced technical
difficulties with our new Archives & Archivists List server. You are
receiving this message because your subscriber status suggests that you
may be unable to receive messages from the list server itself.

Yesterday, we discovered a configuration problem that explains why some
mail servers have been rejecting messages. The list server is/was
lacking a properly configured reverse DNS record. Today, I have been
working with our ISP to resolve this. Our consultants inform me that
they have configured the necessary record, which takes 4-24 hours to
"propagate" the Internet. As of this time, we are still waiting for the
changes to take effect. By some time later this evening, we expect the
problem to be resolved.

You can check the status yourself via the following link:
http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/ptr.ch?ip=66.179.188.221

Once the changes take effect, this page will report that a PTR record
exists. We anticipate that this will resolve delivery problems occurring
with the list server.

I will be checking our status periodically over the weekend and
revisiting this issue first thing Monday morning. Until then, please
accept our apologies for any inconvenience and thank you for your
patience during this transition.

Best regards,
Brian Doyle
SAA Director of Member & Technical Services

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

Brian P. Doyle, Director of Member & Technical Services

SOCIETY OF AMERICAN ARCHIVISTS
527 S Wells St, 5th Floor  |  Chicago, IL 60607-3922
312/922-0140  |  fax 312/347-1452  |  http://www.archivists.org

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o